_______________________

Wednesday, October 29, 2008


announcing: new site


About a year ago, I got an idea for a site that would help organize your home in fun, practical, innovative ways. I can't tell you those ways--not yet anyway. We don't have the software yet. But we--and that "we" includes my two partners, Andy and Nichelle Isaacson--have taken the first step toward making that site a reality.

Please consider yourself invited to join our Twig and Feather community. Why Twig and Feather? Because I couldn't shake the image of a nest. To me, it encompasses all the emotion I feel as a wife, mother, and homemaker. My home is our nest. And like any nest, it's comprised of practical structure--twigs, if you will--like budgeting, menu planning, cleaning, and all those other not-fun-but-very-necessary components. But it's also comprised of "feathers"--the soft side of nesting, things like candles and music and fluffy pillows. Every nest needs both twigs and feathers. Our site aims to share and solicit ideas for all these areas, and encourage you to make your home a warm, welcoming refuge in a world that is anything but warm and welcoming.

For right now, we're offering a forum. This will be the nuts and bolts of the site until we can launch the bigger features. We hope you'll consider joining our T & F community. More than that, we hope you'll inundate us with all your ideas.

Here's the link. I hope to see you there.

2 Comment:

At 10/30/2008 2:43 PM, Blogger Kari Kelly had this to say ...

Congratulations, Shannon, for making your dream into a reality. I remember your enthusiasm and excitement a year ago when you all you really had was a name. Twig and Feather. So glad it has legs now. Good for you!

 
At 11/05/2008 7:52 AM, Blogger suzzanne had this to say ...

Shanny I love the site. I have been sharing with my friends.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your kind, loving comment. Um ... you were kind and loving, weren't you?

Back to the home page...