_______________________

Wednesday, September 10, 2008


rescue me

I saw the first of these signs in Scotland, I believe, in an area where there was a lot of road construction going on. Apparently, if you find yourself stranded within these random pockets of rescue, all you have to do is wait and someone will come along to "recover you." It struck me then, and I couldn't shake the thought. So when the same signs began popping up on the road somewhere between York and London, I had to take a picture.

"Free recovery ... Await rescue." Has ever the gospel been expressed so simply, so succinctly?

I'm waiting for You, Jesus. Please come quickly.
* * * 

For the reward of sin is death; but what God freely gives is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord ~Romans 6:23 BBE

Let not your heart be troubled: have faith in God and have faith in me. In my Father's house are rooms enough; if it was not so, would I have said that I am going to make ready a place for you? And if I go and make ready a place for you, I will come back again and will take you to be with me, so that you may be where I am. ~John 14:1-3 BBE

... in the twinkling of an eye ... ~1 Corinthians 15:52

Labels: , ,

3 Comment:

At 9/10/2008 12:51 PM, Blogger suzzanne had this to say ...

Can you grab one of those signs for me as a souvenir? Maybe we could post outside the church. I love the way you see things!

Love you bunches!

 
At 9/10/2008 9:59 PM, Blogger Kim had this to say ...

Wow! That is so awesome! :)
Love ya.

 
At 9/12/2008 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

So, I'm running a meeting at work on one monitor and reading your blog on my laptop (of course no one knows I'm doing this). When I read, "Free Recovery - Await Rescue" tears sprang to my eyes. How true... This is the Gospel in four words. How many people pass those signs and don't realize it's God calling out to them? We should make T-shirts but put the Cross in the middle instead of that truck! I hope you are enjoying Europe and seeing Jesus in the simple things. Great Post!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your kind, loving comment. Um ... you were kind and loving, weren't you?

Back to the home page...