_______________________

Friday, September 19, 2008


recipes

Several of the girls at the Bible College have asked me for recipes this week (and can I just tell you how much that delights me? I love that you all like to cook!). I thought about writing out the recipes and then copying them and cutting them and then trying to track down all the askers ... but then I thought, Why? The internet is so much easier.

So here's a link to my recipe collection. Included on the page you'll find the Cabbage Patch Soup, Snickerdoodles, and Frosted Brownies (among others). And P.S. ... I apologize about the Styx "Sail Away" loop that plays over and over and over. It makes me happy. But if it drives you crazy, turn your volume down while you're copying recipes.

A word about the recipes: Except for baked goods, I seldom follow an actual recipe or measure what I'm putting in, so you'll have to forgive my estimations. But I encourage you to try the "toss in and taste" method. It's really the best way to free yourself from the notion that you have to follow someone else's ideas to the letter. Cooking is very personal. If you like it hotter, throw in some more chili powder or a dash of tabasco. If you want to add a different kind of vegetable, go ahead. The only time this doesn't work well is with baking, because baking is pretty much an exact science. Sometimes, like with the frosted brownies, you can throw in different additions, but you can't change the quantities of baking soda or flour or eggs without causing a noticeable difference in the outcome.

Write if you have questions!

Labels: , ,

3 Comment:

At 9/22/2008 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

Shannie, just think, in a little more than a week you will be snuggled in your own kitchen no doubt whipping up heavenly dishes for your whole family!!! We can't wait to see you.. Love, Debbie :)

 
At 9/24/2008 2:01 AM, Blogger Sharon had this to say ...

hey Shannon, this is Sharon Casco. thanks for the recipe's they all sound amazing! and thank you for keeping us well fed while we're away from home over here in cold Germany. and i love your snickerdoodles and frosted brownies. anyways, check out my blog if you get the chance. it's not too exciting. :)

 
At 9/24/2008 11:00 AM, Blogger Jean had this to say ...

I hopped over to your site from /Holy Experience/. I'm so glad I did.

I'll be back.

Jean
http://www.jeanmatthewhall.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your kind, loving comment. Um ... you were kind and loving, weren't you?

Back to the home page...