_______________________

Saturday, June 28, 2008


encore

"It may be true that the sun rises regularly because he never gets tired of rising. His routine might be due not to a lifelessness, but to a rush of life.

The thing I mean can be seen for instance in children, when they find some game or joke that they especially enjoy. A child kicks his legs rhythmically through excess, not absence, of life. Because children have abounding vitality, because they are in spirit fierce and free, therefore they want things repeated and unchanged. They always say, ‘Do it again’; and the grown-up person does it again until he is nearly dead. For grown-up people are not strong enough to exult in monotony.

But perhaps God is strong enough to exult in monotony. It is possible that God says every morning, “Do it again” to the sun; and every evening. ‘Do it again’ to the moon. It may not be automatic necessity that makes all daisies alike; it may be that God makes every daisy separately, but has never got tired of making them. It may be that He has the eternal appetite for infancy; for we have sinned and grown old, and our Father is younger than we. The repetition in Nature may not be a mere recurrence; it may be a theatrical encore.” ~G. K. Chesterton

Lord, make me young like You.

Labels: ,

4 Comment:

At 6/28/2008 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

Wow!!! That blows my mind.
Psalm 145:3 "And His greatness is unsearchable."

I'm so grateful He never tires of us adults either..."Lord, please do it again." or "Lord, please answer this or that prayer again." I will remember this the next time my 4 year olds say, "Mommy...again! Again!"

 
At 6/30/2008 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

This post and Magalie's comment remind me of a sweet memory that always makes me smile. My friend was whispering "I love you" in her her 2-year old niece's ear, and little Megan (now 25) kept smiling and whispering back, "more...more..." My friend was delighted to comply with her request... :-) As is our Father...

 
At 7/03/2008 12:22 AM, Blogger Christabelle had this to say ...

Thank you! What a wonderful reminder of the goodness of God. I'm amazed at the thought.

 
At 7/07/2008 3:16 PM, Blogger Lori Stilger had this to say ...

:) I really like your blog. Your pics make me homesick - we lived on the Oregon coast for almost three years, and in the Gorge for one, before being "reassigned" by God to mid-TN. AUGH! LAND-LOCKED!!!! :D
Thank you for sharing of yourself. And don't stop being thankful for the deep green places the sun can't always find....

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your kind, loving comment. Um ... you were kind and loving, weren't you?

Back to the home page...