_______________________

Monday, January 28, 2008


in one week ...

Here's what's on the menu around the world this week. Take a good look at the family size, diet, availability and cost of what is eaten in each country.

Germany: The Melander family of Bargteheide
Food expenditure for one week: 375.39 Euros or $500.07



United States: The Revis family of North Carolina
Food expenditure for one week $341.98



Italy: The Manzo family of Sicily
Food expenditure for one week: 214.36 Euros or $260.11




Mexico: The Casales family of Cuernavaca
Food expenditure for one week: 1,862.78 Mexican Pesos or $189.09



Poland: The Sobczynscy family of Konstancin-Jeziorna
Food expenditure for one week: 582.48 Zlotys or $151.27



Egypt: The Ahmed family of Cairo
Food expenditure for one week: 387.85 Egyptian Pounds or $68.50



Ecuador: The Ayme family of Tingo
Food expenditure for one week: $31.55



Bhutan: The Namgay family of Shingkhey Village
Food expenditure for one week: 224.93 ngultrum or $5.03



Chad: The Aboubakar family of Breidjing Camp
Food expenditure for one week: 685 CFA Francs or $1.23



Once again, here's a link to Free Rice and Gospel For Asia. I promise--it won't hurt a bit.

Labels: ,

8 Comment:

At 1/28/2008 10:46 PM, Blogger Ginger had this to say ...

Wow, that's amazing...and sobering.

Notice how the food gets more nutritious as the cost gets less... until you hit Chad, at which point it looks like a starvation diet.

 
At 1/29/2008 10:26 AM, Blogger Kelly @ Love Well had this to say ...

My husband got this in an e-mail yesterday, and he couldn't stop thinking about it. (He grew up as a street rat, so it's especially poignant to him.)

It's sobering, isn't it? Makes me so thankful I have food for my children -- yet so mindful of the fact that millions others don't.

 
At 1/29/2008 3:26 PM, Blogger Twisted Knitter had this to say ...

How enlightening . . . and fascinating. I have a lot of reading to do.

 
At 1/29/2008 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

I agree. It is fascinating and sobering. I will share this around too. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Christie

 
At 1/30/2008 9:06 PM, Blogger Fran had this to say ...

Thanks for posting that Shanny. I'd forgotten about the free rice site until I read your post. Now I've put it in my toolbar so I will see it all the time.

 
At 2/02/2008 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

Shannon, I just love the reminder of the Gospel for Asia web page. It is so easy to use and so rewarding to send a little their way every time I take the time to order something for myself from online. God bless you.

 
At 2/06/2008 10:36 AM, Blogger CulyQFun had this to say ...

Wow, that is amazing. I wont ever complain about my food budget again, Not that I do complain much....but this has been humbling.

 
At 2/07/2008 1:44 PM, Blogger Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife had this to say ...

what an intriguing, convicting post..

Lisa

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your kind, loving comment. Um ... you were kind and loving, weren't you?

Back to the home page...