_______________________

Friday, December 28, 2007


little faith

How little we know of the power of God.

Thirsting, we look up at the One who created the ocean, and set its boundaries in place;

the One who invented the roar of thunder and the crackle of lightning, and who sends both skittering madly across the sky;

the One who colors the clouds gray and fills them with moisture, and flings fat raindrops splattering to earth;

the One who forces a bubbling stream to a mountaintop surface, and sends it rushing in tiny rivulets, merging and twisting and growing until it becomes a raging river...

and to demonstrate the great depth of our faith--to prove that we believe He is there and He is able--

we lift a thimble skyward,
and ask, with trembling voice,

"Can You spare one drop?"

Labels: ,

4 Comment:

At 12/28/2007 6:16 PM, Blogger Kim had this to say ...

Ooooooo, I absolutely love this!! (And it fits right in with our next study. ;)

 
At 12/29/2007 7:32 AM, Blogger Kelly @ Love Well had this to say ...

And He graciously fills our thimble to overflowing.

And next time, we bring a cup. Then, maybe, a bowl.

He is so patient with us.

 
At 12/29/2007 11:12 AM, Blogger Vicki had this to say ...

Hope your Christmas was filled with joy, delight, and most of all, His presence! Your article "Making Room" over at CWO really blessed me, Shannon. Just beautiful!

hugs,
Vicki

 
At 12/30/2007 12:53 PM, Blogger Sandra had this to say ...

Hi Shannon ~

I don't read your post often enough. Nor do I post on my own as often as I'd like. But when I did write today about Christmas, I just knew you'd have written about it too -- and of course you did. And of course it was perfect.

Happy New Year, writing friend. Can I subscribe so I don't forget to keep up with your blog?

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your kind, loving comment. Um ... you were kind and loving, weren't you?

Back to the home page...