_______________________

Monday, October 01, 2007


murrieta-part 1


I'm not sure I've ever attempted a blog post while in the midst of such chatter. I'm in between teaching sessions and taking a break in the Overflowing Cup, a coffee shop, which is on the grounds of the Calvary Chapel Conference Center in Murrieta, California. To my left, a line of some 40 women snakes past the display of Paul Bunyan-esque eclairs, Boston Cream Pie slices, and other thigh-padding pastries. They try not to look, but I have seen their eyes drift toward that case whenever the conversation pauses.

To my right, another hundred or so women sit at round tables amidst mural-adorned walls. There's an underwater scene, a trompe l'oelle brick wall, a train, and Simon Peter's Bait Shop.

The noise in this place is almost deafening, but it's a beautiful sound. These are sisters in Christ, and their love for Him and for each other is evident. We're here to worship together, to pray together, to whisper our burdens to one another.

One of those women is waiting for the computer, so I'll have to write more later. For now, I miss you all at home ... but I'm blessed, and getting more refreshed with each hour that goes by.

Labels:

6 Comment:

At 10/01/2007 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

We miss you too!

 
At 10/01/2007 8:42 PM, Blogger suzzanne had this to say ...

I agree with Pam. You are missed. I am glad you are having such a wonderful time!

 
At 10/02/2007 10:09 AM, Blogger Cora had this to say ...

Trying so hard not to be jealous. . .

but I am glad you are having a good time and feeling refreshed. We can't wait until you are home and share with us all the stuff you gleaned down there!

Enjoy your time and hurry home!

 
At 10/02/2007 12:33 PM, Blogger Laurie had this to say ...

I'm with everyone else. Reading your blog, it seems like you've been gone too long and so far away, and enjoying life without US, and with other sisters, jealousy comes to mind. Come back, you're needed here, not with those women. ;0) Anyway it makes me long for our women's bible study to start.

 
At 10/02/2007 10:55 PM, Blogger Kim had this to say ...

These ladies crack me up. But I agree with them 100%. Come home! We miss you!! :)

 
At 10/03/2007 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

I miss you, too Shanny. Come home to us..hurry, now.
Just teasing you, enjoy your time. I am glad you are having such a wonderful time with your big boy! Tell him hello for us, will you?
love, G.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your kind, loving comment. Um ... you were kind and loving, weren't you?

Back to the home page...