_______________________

Thursday, July 19, 2007


basking

For the second year in a row, I've returned home from teaching the women's retreat for Calvary Chapel Carson City at the Zephyr Point Conference Center on Lake Tahoe feeling both refreshed and blessed.

It's too bad I have so much work to do. If I didn't have a looming deadline, I'd tell you in detail about the condo Pastor Pat Propster and his wife, Kelly, loaded with gifts for Dave and me (all right ... here are a few details: French roast coffee, candles, popcorn, cookies, fruit, juice, English muffins (2 kinds!), a beach bucket filled with sparkling cider on ice, a journal, and a beautiful clock to commemorate our anniversary). I'd describe the squirrels and blue jays that entertained us while we had coffee on the condo balcony. I'd bring you along while Dave and I skirted giant geese on our walk from our lawn chairs to the waters off Tahoe City. And I'd share minute by precious minute the message we ladies received from Jesus--a reminder that we bear His name, that we're spotless in His eyes, and that the best lies ahead for us.

I truly love that group of women. They are all wonderful in their own right, but they also bear the mark of their pastor and his wife. You'd be hard pressed to find servants more dedicated to the Lord and to their flock. It would be difficult to find a more loving, more gracious, more Jesus-focused body of people than what God has created there. In fact, I'd like to suggest that if you're anywhere at all within driving distance of Carson City, Nevada, and you're not already plugged into a loving, Bible-teaching church, go meet the wonderful Bride at CCCC.

I didn't mean to let so much time go by before posting again. How did a whole month go by that quickly? But I truly have not been out lying in a hammock. I've been working ... and it's all been good. He's in our rest--that's for sure. But He's in our productivity too. And for that, I'm grateful.

Labels: ,

10 Comment:

At 7/19/2007 9:27 AM, Blogger Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife had this to say ...

sounds like a great weekend....how nice to be treated so wonderfully by women you love so much...

blessings on you as you work towards your deadline! :)

Lisa

 
At 7/19/2007 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

I was just wondering if Tahoe was burned badly in the recent fire. You didn't mention it, so hopefully it didn't touch the beauty. I was there last Nov for a 20 yr reunion with 4 old college gals. We ate a picnic lunch on the precipice overlooking Emerald Bay and were entertained by those gorgeous blue jays! I kept wanting the water to be as blue rainbow-gorgeous as I remembered it in summer (like your photo)to show my friends. It wasn't,but still beautiful. What a blessing for you to be there again so soon, and to teach in such a breathtaking place.

 
At 7/19/2007 1:59 PM, Blogger suzzanne had this to say ...

Shannon, having been in classes taught by you, I am sure you blessed those ladies as much as they blessed you. I have missed your postings, but I understand with all the work you are doing right now.

 
At 7/19/2007 3:14 PM, Blogger Marcia Lee Laycock had this to say ...

Nice blog, Shannon. I'll look for your book in our local store. I'm a writer too - my first novel will be released in Sept. (One Smooth Stone) and I'm a pastor's wife. :)
I have two contests running on my webpage - one for a free copy of One Smooth Stone, the other just for pastor's wives - if you're interested go to www.vinemarc.com
Blessings as you continue in His Grace! :)Marci

 
At 7/20/2007 5:26 PM, Blogger Terri had this to say ...

Sounds like you had a great time and what a beautiful place to be.

 
At 7/23/2007 9:37 AM, Blogger Nancy had this to say ...

The picture in my mind of when we were there last year, sitting on those rocking chairs on deck looking at the water is still very clear! I had a wonderful time and you are right, both Pat and Kelly and all of the women at the retreat are amazing, loving, kind people. Their love for the Lord just shines through and you can't help but feel it too!

I am glad that Dave got to go with you this year and that you were able to spend time together.

I love you guys :)

 
At 7/25/2007 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

I like your style very much

 
At 7/25/2007 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

I like your style very much

 
At 7/30/2007 8:37 PM, Blogger Vicki had this to say ...

Just stopped by with a hug and hello to see how you are. Sounds like the Lord is blessing you all over the place:-) What a wonderful group of women. And wonderful pastor.

 
At 8/01/2007 11:44 PM, Blogger Lynetta had this to say ...

Wow, how wonderful! Not only the retreat, but the way you tell it.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your kind, loving comment. Um ... you were kind and loving, weren't you?

Back to the home page...