_______________________

Friday, June 15, 2007


in her memory


Ruth Bell Graham was a beautiful, gracious woman--the kind of wife, the kind of God-follower I wish to be. I pray she "ascended slowly."

And when I die
I hope my soul ascends slowy,
so that I
may watch the earth receding
out of sight,
its vastness growing smaller
as I rise,
savoring its recession
with delight.
Anticipating joy
is itself a joy.
And joy unspeakable
and full of glory
needs more
than "in the twinkling of an eye,"
more than "in a moment."
Lord, who am I to disagree?
It's only we have much
to leave behind;
so much ... Before.
These moments
of transition
will, for me,
be time
to adore.


    - Ruth Bell Graham

3 Comment:

At 6/16/2007 8:05 PM, Blogger Unknown had this to say ...

May she rest in Peace, I know she is Much happier with Jesus.

 
At 6/18/2007 11:37 AM, Blogger Susan Skitt had this to say ...

A beautiful woman of God who impacted many generations for Christ... thanks for honoring her in this way.

 
At 6/26/2007 6:44 AM, Blogger Kelly @ Love Well had this to say ...

Oh, this made my heart ache, Shannon. What beauty she captured in a few words. So much truth. What a joy it will be to meet her someday.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your kind, loving comment. Um ... you were kind and loving, weren't you?

Back to the home page...