_______________________

Tuesday, January 02, 2007


happy fresh start


As part of my own fresh start, I've been busy trying to not be busy. Know what I mean? Instead of sitting in this chair glued to the internet for hours every day, I've been knitting while Dave and I talk, or taking long walks on the trail with him to work off a breakfast of biscuits and gravy, or cooking up a batch of powdered-sugar dusted rosettes for Zac. Lest you think I forgot Tera, she's been in Winthrop since Friday tubing and cross-country skiing with Aunt Tarri and Uncle Todd.

In the spirit of slowing down, instead of posting something new today, here's a link to my column in this month's Christian Women Online. In case you didn't catch it the first time around, it's the testimony I posted this time last year.

One other thing: if you haven't checked out MyChurch.com yet, you might want to take a peek. My address is: www.mychurch.org/shannon. Joining is simple--and it's already turning out to be a fun way to connect with people in your own church as well as new people who happen upon your site.

I pray your new year is full of new opportunities, new insight, new beginnings. And I pray you remember Jesus every step along the way.

Labels: , ,

1 Comment:

At 1/02/2007 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

Shannon, I read your column. Once again, I am moved by your wonderful writing. What a life you've had. To think God knew of it, all along, and was just there, waiting...

God's blessings in you in 2007. As I prayed (from Psalm 18) on my own blog today, "may God's gentleness make you great."

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your kind, loving comment. Um ... you were kind and loving, weren't you?

Back to the home page...