_______________________

Sunday, March 26, 2006


felt me

I'm in love with felting. I mean it. You tuck in all those frayed, sad-looking ends, grimace over all those curled, raggedy edges, and cross your fingers as you toss the mess into a pillow case and into the washer. And then ... and then ... the timer dings and you pull it back out ... and it's unbelievably smooth and un-messed.

I ran my hand over the place where I knew I'd worked that teeth-clenching Kitchener stitch, but I couldn't find it. The felting had erased my not-quite-there stitches and made everything all nice and muted.

I was staring at the finished product last week and I said to Dave, "I just know there's a spiritual illustration here somewhere."

Without even blinking, he said, "Yep. All you need to erase a lifetime of mistakes is a good washing."

That's why he's the pastor.

Speaking of washing, we're having a baptism out at Lake Stevens today after church. If you're in the area, meet us at Lundeen Park at 1:00 and we'll watch Dave and Steve shiver together.

One last word about the bag ... it's not quite as spacious and echo-y as I'd envisioned while working on it, but I'm still enamored. I know there's a tiny loaf of ciabatta and a mini bouquet out there somewhere with my name on them.

Labels: ,

6 Comment:

At 3/26/2006 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

Felting? I've just learned a new word. Unique. And, yes, your husband is definitely a pastor. :) Hope you have a great time at the baptism. May the Spirit descend. God bless.

 
At 3/27/2006 6:19 AM, Blogger Ginger had this to say ...

Great analogy from your husband. I love the blue/purple of the bag! Mmmm.

 
At 3/28/2006 1:20 PM, Blogger Heather Smith had this to say ...

Beautiful thoughts! No matter what we've done, Jesus can wash us whiter than snow!!

 
At 3/29/2006 7:31 PM, Blogger Vicki had this to say ...

Stopping by for an overdue hug and hello--hope all is well. Enjoyed catching up on the last few posts. As always, a great read!!

 
At 3/29/2006 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

Hi Shannon

I got tagged for a new 'virus' on the net called the Indie Virus and I am passing it on to some fellow pastor's wife bloggers. Read here: http://www.angelfire.com/art2/crickl/view/index.blog?entry_id=1167806

Hope it's fun for you!
Christie

 
At 4/07/2006 2:59 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht had this to say ...

I love the spiritual illustration with this one.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your kind, loving comment. Um ... you were kind and loving, weren't you?

Back to the home page...