_______________________

Wednesday, December 07, 2005


thank you!

The results of the Blogs of Beauty Awards are in. And ... we (Darlene and I) won! I can take very little credit for this blog design. Darlene found a few pictures and offered them for my approval, and although I did choose the girl standing in the field with her face lifted toward God, who would not choose that, given the choice? I'm sure I could never have found that on my own. Other than a few color requests, all the little special design touches belong to Darlene.

Thanks to all who took the time to vote. Here's a list of the winners:

Best Biblical Exhortation: Rebecca Writes


Best Design - Contemporary: Wind Scraps


Best Design - Traditional: Solo Femininity


Best Discussion: ChoosingHome Blog


Best Encourager: Windows to My Soul


Best Frugality: Like Merchant Ships


Best Homemaking: Large Family Logistics


Best Homeschooling: Spunky Homeschool


Best Humor: Daring Young Mom


Best Meet for a Mocha: Blest with sons


Best Motherhood: ChoosingHome Blog


Best Quiet Spirit: Holy Experience


Best Recipes: bakingsheet


Best Variety: Amy’s Humble Musings

10 Comment:

At 12/07/2005 4:35 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht had this to say ...

Congratulations. I hope your blog wins many more awards in the future.

 
At 12/07/2005 6:36 PM, Blogger Ginger had this to say ...

Congratulations to you and Darlene both! I think you richly deserved the award.

 
At 12/07/2005 7:02 PM, Blogger Cora had this to say ...

That's great Shannon! Congrats!

P.S. You should have won something for your writing, too :)

 
At 12/07/2005 7:47 PM, Blogger Vicki had this to say ...

Shannon, I think your blog design is both beautiful and inspiring, and that your content is even more so!! Blog on, sister! You're an awesome writer!

Love & hugs,
Vicki

 
At 12/07/2005 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

YOU have SUCH a cool looking blog. I LOVE the look!!!!!!!!

 
At 12/08/2005 9:04 AM, Blogger Pam had this to say ...

Congrats to both you and Darlene!!
Each day when I open your blog the picture makes me smile and warms my heart. Darlene is the best!!! She also designed my blog...it is beautiful and says "me" in every way.

I agree with Cora, you should have won for your writings as well!

Blessings!

 
At 12/08/2005 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

Congradulations to you and Darlene. ~Tim

 
At 12/08/2005 7:57 PM, Blogger Spunky had this to say ...

Congratulations! Your blog is fresh and energetic. An excellent pick! I look forward to exploring it further.

Spunky

 
At 12/09/2005 8:05 AM, Blogger Violet N. had this to say ...

Congratulations and ditto to all the above! (I actually think the writing does figure into the mix as we're trying to evalute these things...it's a subliminal message saying the design plus content equals A+).

 
At 12/20/2005 6:48 PM, Blogger Bethany had this to say ...

Congratulations. You do have a really nice blog here. I'll be stopping back by.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your kind, loving comment. Um ... you were kind and loving, weren't you?

Back to the home page...