_______________________

Wednesday, November 30, 2005


nice surprise


I noticed today that I was getting a lot of visitors from a site I'm not familiar with. When I followed the link, I learned why. Wind Scraps has been nominated in three categories for the 2005 "Blogs of Beauty" award:

   --Best Biblical Exhortation (Does the best job of bringing biblical truth and exhorting others to walk closely with the Lord Jesus);
   --Best Encourager (Has the most encouraging blog content); and

   --Best Design - Contemporary
(The most beautiful blog of a contemporary design). Of the three, I am a finalist in that last category.

To whoever nominated my blog in those categories--thank you! I am honored. If any of you care to vote, please go to Sallie's Two Talent Living and follow her instructions.

10 Comment:

At 11/30/2005 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

Yay Shannon!

Yours is one of my must read blogs, so I nominated you in Best Encourager. I don't know who the other nominators were...but congratulations...you deserve an award for your work here!

 
At 11/30/2005 5:06 PM, Blogger shannon had this to say ...

Christie! Thank you so much for the nomination. I didn't even know such an award existed. That was a very nice surprise. :)

 
At 11/30/2005 6:25 PM, Blogger Susan L. Prince had this to say ...

A very worthy nominee!

 
At 11/30/2005 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

I found your site as a result of the beauty awards and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blogs. Your mouse story had me in stitches. We lived in trailer for 3 years and I can COMPLETELY relate to that story.

 
At 12/01/2005 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

Wow, I didn't know such a site existed either... But if anyone deserves it, you do Shannon! Your writing has a beauty in it that stands out,both in what you say and in your "way with words." You make us see and feel right along with you, and touch our hearts with warmth and humor along the way... a desire I have to do in my own writing.

 
At 12/01/2005 7:53 AM, Blogger shannon had this to say ...

Thank you, Susan :)

Mandi, I'm sure you can relate. Mice love trailers and mobile homes, don't they?

Pam, you are such an encourager. Thank you. :)

 
At 12/01/2005 10:33 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht had this to say ...

I'm going to check it out, and vote of course.

 
At 12/04/2005 4:14 AM, Blogger ~pen~ had this to say ...

this is my second trip here - after my first (based on your *finalist* nomination), i voted for you at TTL.

you have a real gentle spirit and it feels like i need to come in here with a cup of hot tea and expectation. i will be back :)

~peace~

 
At 12/04/2005 8:21 AM, Blogger Bethany had this to say ...

I've enjoyed your blog tremendously. I didn't know you existed...I found you in the finalist list at TTL and WOW! I'm so glad to have discovered your blog.

Psst! You get my vote!

 
At 12/04/2005 6:37 PM, Blogger shannon had this to say ...

Thanks, Darlene, m2 and Bethany. :)

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your kind, loving comment. Um ... you were kind and loving, weren't you?

Back to the home page...