_______________________

Thursday, September 01, 2005


katrina

I don't get cell reception here in Glacier Park, Montana, but I did find internet access. And for the first time all week, I've been able to read news of the disaster along the Gulf Coast.

Isn't it easy to feel helpless? I know I've felt that way all day. I pull my eyes from the towering pines filling the picture window in front of me and stare again at the images on my screen, and it's hard to believe so many people are suffering on such a beautiful, green and blue Montana day.

My first blogger friend, Lori Seaborg (and the person who helped me get into blogging in the first place) happens to live along the coast. I trust her. I've been reading her posts for months now and I know her heart. If you're wanting to help in any way--big or small--I urge you to contact Lori. She's promising to physically hand whatever you send her to the people who need it most.

Visit Lori's site and read a few of her first-hand reports. Then see what stirs within you.

And in the meantime, say a prayer or two.

Until next week,

5 Comment:

At 9/01/2005 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

Microsoft Tweaks Start.com Again
The MSN team continues to tweak the Start.com Web aggregator site. There's a new URL for the Start.com page, for one .
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a work at home employment site. It pretty much covers work at home employment related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 9/02/2005 1:28 PM, Blogger Lori Seaborg had this to say ...

Shannon,

Thank you so much for getting the word out. The amount of suffering is staggering, and it is so odd to see it in our hometown!

Our area suffered some damage, but mostly along the coastline. In town, life almost seems normal....Until you notice the hundreds of refugees, all with out-of-state tags, driving into our Coliseums (you may find it particularly interesting that the tiny and local Coffee Loft in Fairhope has opened as a shelter for a couple of families). You can see lines literally a mile or more long, waiting for gas. Most of the ones waiting are from Mississippi, and many of them run out of gas while in line.

The needs are great, but we can open our hearts and help them, with America's help.

I just posted on my blog of a new urgent need that we have. We really need some Bibles. The refugees were not able to bring much if anything from home.

Can't wait til you get back and can start blogging again!
Lori Seaborg

 
At 9/02/2005 6:47 PM, Blogger Vicki had this to say ...

Thanks, Shannon. I enjoy your blog so much. In fact, I'd like to exchange links if you don't mind--one writerly blog to another.

Be blessed,
vicki
http://windowstomysoul.blogspot.com

 
At 9/03/2005 12:34 PM, Blogger Jimmy had this to say ...

Thanks for the link, Shannon. I contacted Lori and my church and home Bible Study groups are hoping to send several boxes of Bibles to her for distribution. Hope your travel is safe and we all anxiously await your return!

Jimmy

 
At 9/03/2005 1:41 PM, Blogger Lori Seaborg had this to say ...

Shannon, Hurry up and get back!! :) I just wanted to drop a line to say that you have the most amazing readers! $500 cash raised so far to help the weary travelers, and many boxes of Bibles and other donations are on their way to me.

I have rounded up homeschool groups and private schools to help with distributing the items, from the Florida Panhandle to Mississippi. We are ready for the boxes to start rolling in!

I am so blessed to be able to help this time.

Lori Seaborg

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your kind, loving comment. Um ... you were kind and loving, weren't you?

Back to the home page...