_______________________

Monday, August 15, 2005


pray ... just pray

So I'm over visiting Ovedya and I see that there's another personality test floating around. This one tells you which classic movie best fits your personality. Oveyda was bemoaning the fact that he came back as Apocalypse Now, and I was thinking, Yeah, that's pretty scary. Then I took the test for myself. And, to quote Oveyda, "The horror. The horror."

For I am ... The Godfather!

I tried three times--twice with the 45-question test and once with the 27-question test. And despite "refining" my answers with each attempt, I still came back a heartless mob boss.

From the living room, Dave heard the moaning and gnashing of teeth. "What's up?"

"I'm The Godfather!"

He scanned the test results, looked briefly at my answers, and said, "It's all because of those few extreme questions."

I looked again.

I am calm in tense situations. (very accurate)
I am not intimidated by anger. (very accurate)
I observe events from a detached perspective. (very accurate)
I am very direct. (very accurate)
I frequently feel victimized. (very inaccurate)
I am always worried about something. (very inaccurate)

So I'm calm, unintimidated by anger, able to observe the big picture, and direct. I'm not given to self-pity and I don't waste time worrying.

Um ... instead of Don Vito Corleone, could we call me Paul? Somehow, that wouldn't sting quite so much.

Here's the clincher. My dear husband took the test for himself. And came back ... Schindler's List. "You put the needs of others before your own. You strive to be helpful to your fellow man."

All I can say is that it's a good thing I'm a Christian woman and I understand the particular role my (God)Father has given me. For I have no trouble whatsoever in deferring to my Schindler.

Still ... maybe you could say a prayer for Dave today.


What Classic Movie Are You?
personality tests by similarminds.com

16 Comment:

At 8/15/2005 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

Shannon, that's funny!!! I would have never guessed you that way. Maybe you've been hiding your true self from us, huh? LOL I wish I were calm in tense situations, not intimidated by anger and could be more direct. You're more like a God Mother if you ask me!

 
At 8/15/2005 12:51 PM, Blogger Jimmy had this to say ...

I guess we should start calling you Shannon Gotti now? As for praying for Dave, should we just be praying that Schindler doesn't cross Gotti anytime soon? Or to keep harmony with the young mobsters, just make them an offer they can't refuse.
LOLOLOL!! What fun!
Jimmy

 
At 8/15/2005 1:03 PM, Blogger shannon had this to say ...

No, Jimmy, NO. I say we go with Cheryl's suggestion ... I'll be the God Mother. :) But I do think I'll take your cue and start calling my darling two "mobsters." :)

So, Fish ... power of suggestion, eh? :) I'm glad to see my little plan worked! Feel free to share more details with me if you like.

 
At 8/15/2005 1:06 PM, Blogger shannon had this to say ...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/15/2005 1:07 PM, Blogger shannon had this to say ...

I was shocked, too, Cheryl! I really don't see myself that way. Except when I step back and think about how protective I feel about my family and the people in my church (particularly the younger Christians), I guess there is something bossy and mobsterish about me.

But ... but ... I like flowers and nail polish and bunnies and such. I'm not ALL horse heads and hit lists!

 
At 8/15/2005 2:19 PM, Blogger Nancy had this to say ...

Shan,

You can be my mob boss anytime, I won't refuse any of your offers (maybe).

I like the cryptic code you and fish are talking in... just kinda adds to the mobster effect. hmmmmm

 
At 8/15/2005 2:20 PM, Blogger Nancy had this to say ...

Oh, I took the quiz. Stop by my blog to see the results and if you agree. :)

 
At 8/15/2005 2:43 PM, Blogger YellowRose had this to say ...

I took the quiz also, stop by My Garden and see my results! I also gave you mention Shannon! Love your site!

Blessings!

 
At 8/15/2005 7:37 PM, Blogger JOE B had this to say ...

I took the test too. I am Raiders of the Lost Ark One of my top five favorite movies of all time.
Joe

 
At 8/16/2005 2:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

I took the test
and I am a movie I have never heard of. Mr Smith goes to Washington. The caption stated that "Determining and doing the right thing is the foundation of your personality"
Thats pretty accurate i'd say. Sometimes i wish it wasnt!!!Life would be much easier.

 
At 8/17/2005 5:54 AM, Blogger Geekwif had this to say ...

I played along (45 questions) and my answer turned out to be Apocolypse Now. I know nothing about the movie, but a friend told me it's a gory war movie and assured me that it does NOT fit.

We decided that there should be a test that tells what romantic comedy movie you are like, and leave this test for the guys. ;-)

 
At 8/17/2005 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous had this to say ...

Shannon,
This is my first comment regarding your blogs~ but you know I LOVE (and read) them all. I had to tell you, I took the test and I'm just like Dave, Schindler's List. Interestingly enough, I never watched the movie because of the intense subject matter. When Tim gets home from Canada, I'll have him take the test too.

And of course, I'll be praying for my fellow "Schindler" and The "God-Mother!" LOL

 
At 8/17/2005 11:54 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht had this to say ...

Wow, and I thought you were a good person, now I'm just scared. I don't think those test results can be wrong, is it possible? I need to start praying that you will leave 'the family' immediately.

 
At 8/18/2005 12:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht had this to say ...

I decided to take the test and come back, at the risk of getting taken out by Shannon, the mafia Queen.

I am Raiders of the Lost Ark, I live for adventure, fortune-hunting and danger ~ My husband would agree with the fortune hunting part. And I pretty much thing the rest fits me perfectly.

 
At 8/18/2005 4:48 PM, Blogger Sharon Goemaere had this to say ...

Shanny!:-)
I loved this test....LOL....I am Mr Smith Goes To Washington.....dtermining and doing the right thing are the foundation of my life.....or something like that....LOL.....I have always liked Jimmy Stewart so this makes sense! :-)
Love ya,Sharon

 
At 10/12/2005 12:11 PM, Blogger Ovedya had this to say ...

Okay, I am so way late here, but thanks for the reference. I remember you posting a comment asking me to pray for you because of this, lol. Things any better now?

;o)

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your kind, loving comment. Um ... you were kind and loving, weren't you?

Back to the home page...